All Fairfield University students have Google Mail and Google Drive accounts that allow them to store files, including large image or video files that may need to be shared with an instructor. Since the vast majority of instructors do NOT have Google accounts in the Google student domain, sharing files from Google Drive should be done in the following way in order to assure that your professor can open the file.
Log in to your Google Drive and navigate to the file you want to share with your instructor.
- Right click on the file name to bring up the contextual menu and click on "Get Link."
- Click the dropdown under "General access," and select "Anyone with the link."
- Click "Copy link" and then click "Done."
- To modify sharing settings such as, whether:
"Editors can change permissions and share" or
"Viewers and commenters can see the option to download, print, and copy"
Click on the settings icon on the top right of the Share window (looks like a gear).
- Now you have the link, simply paste that link into Blackboard, Quip, an email, or whatever other tool your professor has asked you to use to submit your work.