Fairfield University provides multiple options for purchasing and/or downloading University-supported software to faculty, staff, and students. While some software, such as Zoom, is free to download, there are other applications that may cost money. In some cases, ITS is able to provide users with fully licensed versions of software. Please review the information on this page for more information on how to search for, download, and/or purchase software for your individual needs. If you have additional questions, we encourage you to submit a ticket to the ITS Help Desk.
Software for Personal and Self-Managed Machines
- The Fairfield’s Software Downloads (hosted via OnTheHub) provides the Fairfield community with a simple way to download many software titles that have been licensed by the University and made available at no cost or at discounted educational pricing. Fairfield’s Software Downloads offers several titles for purchase via Workday Reimbursement billing or credit card.
- Intended User Groups: Students, Faculty, and Staff with a personal/self-managed machine*
- A self-managed machine is a laptop or computer that its user has administrative rights to and can download software without the need for the ITS Help Desk permissions.
- If you are a faculty or staff member looking to inquire about adding a new software title to the library, please contact the ITS Help Desk and include the name of the software.
- If you are a faculty or staff member looking to edit or remove a software title from the library, please contact the ITS Help Desk and include the name of the software.
Software for Fairfield Managed Machines
- Fairfield workstations that are centrally managed by ITS can use Software Center (Windows) which allows the self-installation of certain software without the need for administration rights.
- Intended User Groups: Faculty and Staff with a managed machine.
Virtualized environment providing access to software and other resources
- Fairfield’s Apporto is a virtual desktop service. It provides access to a full Windows environment will launch for them from any device - including MacOS, Windows, and iOS.
- This is an additional way to access Fairfield resources, including software. Apporto is a centrally managed service that hosts a shared software offering for students and staff. In addition to the broad student and staff environments, we can also customize Apporto for departmental needs.
- For more information, please follow this link to get started with Apporto.