Students may search for their course materials through the Fairfield University Bookstore or using the new Barnes and Noble Yuzu app via Blackboard, web, or any mobile device. From the mobile app, you can access your content offline after it has been downloaded to the device.
Yuzu is a learning platform that delivers an enhanced digital reading experience with access to a broad digital catalog. Yuzu has advanced features, compatibility and accessibility to help enhance your students learning experience.
To enhance your learning experience and simplify access, your class learning materials have been integrated directly into your course.
Beta features are features in progress.
Read Aloud uses your browser’s text-to-speech capabilities so you can listen to your content. If the student is looking to use assistive technologies, Yuzu supports many screen readers.
Look up in Wikipedia
Select a term in the book, then choose “Look up Wikipedia” from the context menu.
Select a term in the book, then choose “Define” from the context menu.
Turn Fast Highlights on and drag to select text to highlight.
Make reading easier in low light settings by adjusting font, font size, margins, line spacing and background color.
Create Flashcards from the Context Menu
Highlight a word, sentence, or image to add it to the flashcard. Select a deck or create a new one.
Students can Complete their Cards in the Panel
Highlighted text will be added to the front of the card. Add text to the back to complete it.
Add More Cards
Add more flashcards and decks right from inside the panel by using the plus button.
|Students can Study their Cards:|
Select the play button to launch the flashcard review. Mark the confidence level on each card to make it easier to study later.
Barnes & Noble College is committed to accessibility to create solutions that enable people with disabilities to more easily find, see, hear, and learn from digital content. With Yuzu powered by VitalSource, students have access to Text to Speech to assist them in their studies.
Students who purchase a lifetime digital title will only have online web app access for one year (365 days). After one year, students will have to download the Yuzu iOS or Android app to gain access to their digital content.
New Yuzu Users: Creating an Account
After your first textbooks have been purchased, you will receive an email confirmation from Barnes and Noble with instructions to sign in to your account. The email will look similar to the text below:
WELCOME - YOUR DIGITAL CONTENT IS AVAILABLE
Update on Order Number: 61232955
Thank you for your recent digital purchase from Fairfield University. We need a little more information to complete your account before delivering your digital content.
We've provided a temporary password for you to log in and complete your customer profile. Once completed, your new digital content will be loaded into your library.
Your temporary password is: _______
Unit Price: $8.99
Total Price: $8.99
Existing Yuzu Users: Purchasing and Access New Content
How to Purchase and Access Your Publisher eBooks and Courseware
Purchase your publisher courseware from your bookstore's website.
Instructions are different for Cengage and published further down this page.
- Go to yuzu.com and choose sign in then choose "Yuzu Barnes & Noble".
- Sign in with the email you used to order the digital content. This should be the same as what you use to sign onto the bookstore website.
Select "Forgot Password" if you signed in as a guest, have never ordered from the website, or have forgotten your password and you will receive an email to reset your password. Once you have reset your password, log in to your Yuzu account.
- Open your Library to access your eBooks.
- To access your courseware:
- Click Reveal Access Code.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and review the Return Policy before revealing your code. Please confirm that you have purchased the correct title before clicking Reveal Access Code.
- Copy the code, then visit the publisher's courseware website to redeem your code and access your content.
Redeem on mobile
- Download and login to the Yuzu app.
- Click the menu icon, then My Account.
- Click the menu icon again, then click on Resources.
- Click Access Codes, and copy the code.
- Navigate to the courseware provider's website, and paste the code to redeem.
Email Confirmation for Accessing New Content (Excluding Cengage Courseware)
After purchasing digital content from the Fairfield University bookstore, you will receive an email that looks similar to the text below with instructions to access your new content:
NEW DIGITAL CONTENT IS IN YOUR LIBRARY
Update on order number:
The digital content you purchased from Fairfield University Bookstore is now available in your library.
Your material can be accessed by clicking the link below.
Whether you purchased in store or online, your Yuzu account is the same as your campus bookstore account. You can log in to your Yuzu account using the same email address you provided when purchasing your eTextbook.
If you do not know your password, select Forgot Password on the Login Page to reset your password.
Access My Digital Content
Adolescent Development for Educators
Unit Price: $
Total Price: $
Details on this Digital Content
Maximum number of pages available to be printed in 10 days = 2
Maximum number of pages available to be copied in 10 days = 2
Available for 1825 days
Email Confirmation for Accessing New Cengage Courseware
The digital content you purchased from Fairfield University Bookstore is now available. To access your content, use the access code below and follow the instructions.
Order Date: 10-22-2021
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR CONTENT
There are 3 different ways to access your content. Choose the one which best applies to you.
If you have a course link provided by your nstructor:
- Visit the provided course link and follow the instructions.
- Enter the Access Code provided in this email when prompted.
If your course is in your campus Learning Management System*(LMS):
- Log in to your campus LMS.
- Select your instructor's course then the engage content within that course and rollow the instructions
- Enter the Access Code provided in this email when prompted.
If neither of these options apply to you, follow these instructions:
- Go to http://login.cengage.com and create or sign-in to your Cengage account.
- Click "Register another course or product at the top right of your screen.
- Follow the remaining steps to access vour content.
If you are having trouble redeeming your access code on a mobile device, please try using a laptop or desktop instead.