If you are not already on a call, just dial the number. The first available appearance button is used for the call. Alternatively, press a specific appearance button in order to make a call using that button.
Calling a Person from the Contacts List
You can use any directory contact to make a call. You can also use the directory in any function where Dir is displayed.
1. Press the CONTACTS key. The directory menu is displayed.
2. Use the left/right keys to select the type of directory entries you want displayed; External, Users, Groups,
Personal (Your own personal directory contacts) or All.
3. Use the up/down keys to scroll through the list or start dialing the name you want to find to display matching entries. If you dial a name, to return to the full list, press Clear.
4. To view more details of the highlighted name, press Details. To return to the directory press List.
5. When the required entry is highlighted, press Call or press the button next to the name.
Redialing a Previous Number
1. Press Redial. Use the up/down arrow keys to scroll through your 10 most recent outgoing calls.
2. Press Call to call the number displayed in the call record.
A slow flashing appearance button indicates an alerting call.
• To quiet the ringing, press Ignore. The call will still continue alerting visually. .
• To answer the call using the handset, lift the handset.
• To answer the call hands free, press the SPEAKER key.
• To answer the call on a headset, press the HEADSET key.
Once you have answered the call, you can switch between different talk modes:
• To switch to using the handset, simply lift the handset.
• To switch to hands free, press the SPEAKER key. If you were using the handset you can now replace it.
• To switch to headset mode, press the HEADSET key. If you were using the handset you can now replace it.
• Pressing the call's appearance key or any other appearance key will put the call on hold.
Upon returning to your Office the display of your phone will indicate that it is in use at another location.
- Press the button that corresponds to Login.
- Dial the extension number you want to log onto (usually it is your own extension).
- Dial the button that corresponds to Next.
- Dial the Login Code 115599
- You are now logged onto your extension.
Starting a Conference
If you a connected call and any held calls, pressing Conf will start a conference with all those calls. Otherwise, to start a conference or to add another party to a conference:
1. Press Conf. Your current call is automatically put on hold.
2. Dial the party that you want to add to the conference.
3. If they answer and want to join the call, press Conf again.
4. If they do not want to join or do not answer, press Drop and then press the appearance key of the held call.
1. While in the conference, press the Details key. Scroll through the list of callers in the conference and:
• To drop a caller from the conference, highlight them and press Drop.
• To mute a caller, highlight them and press Mute. Repeat this to unmute them.
• To return to the call display, press Back.
Adjust the Call Volume
While talking, you can adjust the volume of the incoming call. The volume is separately adjusted for the device (handset, headset or speaker) you are currently using.
- With the call connected, press the VOLUME key.
- Use the + plus and – minus keys to adjust the volume.
Muting a Call
Muting a call stops the caller from hearing you. However you can still hear them. The mute setting remains active even if you switch between calls using hold and or appearance buttons. If you change how you are listening to the call, for example switching from the handset to the speaker, the mute setting is canceled.
- To activate mute, press the MUTE key. The button will be lit while mute is active.
- To switch mute off, press the key again.
To transfer a call, your phone must have an available call appearance button. If all your call appearance buttons are in use, end or park one of your existing calls.
1. Press Transfer. The current call is automatically put on hold.
2. Dial the number for the transfer. Alternatively, press Dir to select a destination from the directory.
• To complete the transfer, press Complete while the call is still ringing or after being answered.
• If the transfer destination does not answer or does not want to accept the call, press Cancel.
Divert a Call to Voicemail
You can transfer a call targeted at you directly to your voicemail mailbox.
1. If the call is not the currently highlighted call on the display, use the up/down keys to highlight it.
2. Press To VM. The call is redirected to your mailbox.
Transfer to Voicemail
You can use the Message key to transfer a call to another user or group's voicemail mailbox.
1. With a call connected, press the Message key. You can still continue talking.
2. Dial the extension number of the user or group and press Select.
Parking A Call
Parking a call is similar to holding a call. However, parked calls can be un-parked by other users on the phone system.
While on a call
Press the Park button on your phone. Then Hang up.
Retrieving a Parked Call
Lift your handset, Press the line key given that your call is parked on, and then press the Connect soft key. You are now connected to the caller.
- VM Indication and Incoming Call Notification
- Phone Display
- Line Keys
- Soft Keys (Watch screen for Feature Options)
- 5. Navigation Wheel (Left, Right, Up, Down)
- Home button
- Options Menu
- Call History
- Voice Mail Access/ Message
- Speaker/Hands Free
- Volume Control
*Double click to enlarge
Created exclusively for Fairfield University by New Era Technology
Avaya J Series IP Phones